Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Work Location: Remote position (preferably in the Los Angeles area but can work from AL,CA, DC, IL, MD, NY, or PA)
Level (Staff/Senior/Manager/Director/Executive): Manager
Reports to Finance Director
■Salary Range: $73,500K-$88,500K
Who we are ─ About Jobs to Move America:
Jobs to Move America is a national and multi-regional strategic policy center that works to transform public spending and corporate behavior using a comprehensive approach that is rooted in racial and economic justice and community organizing. We seek to advance a fair and prosperous economy with good jobs and healthier communities for all. To learn more, visit our website: www.jobstomoveamerica.org.
JMA is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager passionate about people, processes, and spearheading improvements. They will be critical for coordinating all administrative activities related to an organization’s personnel. They will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that support JMA’s growth and the success of our staff and programs. This candidate is highly organized, a strong communicator, detail-oriented, thrives on making things run well, and is passionate about racial and economic justice. The HR Manager will report to the Finance Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads confidently the talent acquisition process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Collaborates with program directors to understand skills and competencies required for job openings.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources work by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, and practices to create a healthy, supportive environment for all employees.
- Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Analyze exit interviews; and recommend changes.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Responsible for Payroll and related reporting.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits
- Administers benefits associated with leave of absence (FMLA, parental, LTD/STD, workers comp, etc.)
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and knowledge of recommended best practices, trends, and regulatory changes in human resources and employment law.
- Act confidential to the management team who develop, determine, and operationalize policies concerning labor relations and foster cross-team collaboration and a culture of respect.
- Manage employee relation issues and complaints, including conducting internal investigations and recommendations on solutions.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Ensuring employees follow all policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
- Handles day-by-day HR activities with ease due to their knowledge in the field.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required and a minimum of 5 years of full-time experience in HR.
- Proven experience working for nonprofit organizations (in a full-time capacity); within the administration/HR department.
- Knowledge and familiarity with REI principles: Recognizes how race and other identities intersect in the work, especially with communities we serve. Comfortable talking about identities such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, or gender in plain, specific terms.
- Knowledge in compliance with federal, state, and local employment /EEO laws and healthcare regulations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Payroll & Benefits Administration, including pension plans
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Resourceful problem-solver
- Team player
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications), Adobe, Google Suite and various HR applications such as ADP for payroll processing.
- Highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
- Able to evaluate the quality of work been done to learn how to manage their time and produce better results.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize their workload
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment and be Flexible
- Deep connection with our mission and organizational core values.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Impeccable discretion and confidentiality.
- You thrive in a collaborative, team-focused working environment.
- Salary Range: $73,500K-$88,500K
- Employers pay 100 percent of medical, dental, and vision premium
- Generous PTO: 12 days paid vacation, 12 sick days, 9 federal holidays, 12 personal days per year, 2 floating holiday
- Annual increases
- JMA contributes 5% of the employee's salary towards their 401k plan after 6 months.
- Training and professional development opportunities are available upon completion of the probationary period.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices.
- JMA is a unionized workplace. This position is a member of the bargaining unit.
- Covid-19 Work from the home monthly stipend
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Qualifying Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) employer
- Work from home office set up provided if needed
How to Apply:
Complete the form at the following link and upload a cover letter & resume and three strong (and reliable) professional references by August 15, 2022. Only applications submitted via this process will be considered. No phone calls, please. Due to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted virtually. As part of the candidate screening process for this role, applicants will be asked to complete a writing assignment and technical skills assessment.
JMA Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
We are an EEO/affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. We work to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforce zero-tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Those who identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons and have had experience working with one or more of those groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
JMA Diversity and Inclusion Statement
JMA believes that diverse, engaged, and motivated employees are essential to achieving our goals of economic, racial, and social justice. JMA believes that each employee's voice is valuable and that when all employees contribute to ideas to the organization’s operation, it enhances the success of the organization overall.